sábado, 8 de marzo de 2014

Memories about classes!


Simple Past

Something I remember about "simple past" is that you can use it for something that started and finished in the past. Generally we know when it was done, because all sentences are saying when they finish with the complement.

Example: I saw a movie yesterday

This example specify that I saw a movie one day before I am living today, and it means that an action I done yesterday, and is not saying  where I saw it or what time it was. Simple past express an action with an specific order, you can not add more information that can be used there. 

Causatives

Causatives are used to indicate causes that  somebody or something do to somebody or something. They can be used as an obligation, permission, convince, and so on. In this kind of structures we have different ways to ask or request to someone for something we need to use.
 
Get
For example: The teacher got us to write an essay

In this sentence we are using "got" and as we can see this is the onlyone which uses the infinitive "to"

We also have "have" and "let" but they don't use the infinitive "to"










2 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well, Your ideas were clear. The structure of your Blog is pretty good. In a general way it was ok... But, I think that You could do a better job!

    Helpful tip: You must use more examples to clarify the ideas.

    Well done!

    ResponderEliminar